Properties are highly appraised in value through time. However if you purchase a timeshare property, perceiving that it might give you a regular income in the future, then you have to think again. But that does not mean it’s useless. Some owners earn from their timeshare by having it rented out. Is this feasible? Is it truly profitable? What are your preparations to achieve something profitable like this? Here are the things to be considered.
- Type of timeshare contract. Most of the timeshare contracts are categorized as deeded or non-deeded. Deeded contracts are allowing you to own a particular real estate property with title and full rights of the land or resort condo unit. This means you have all the rights to whatever you want to do with the property – give it as a gift or have it inherited by your heir. The non-deeded contracts will only allow you to purchase the right to use the property. This also means you will only have a full access in a specific time period within a number of years stated in the contract. So before getting into a profitable act, make sure you get to review your contract.
- Location. One factor that will greatly affect when you market you timeshare is the location. If you are fortunately situated in a popular location, it would not be hard for you to market the place. There is another option to increase the profitability of your timeshare. This is by choosing properties that has a lot of usage. This gives your rental offers much flexibility and potential market is expanded. When you are in a accessible and good area, it would not be hard for you to market it.
- Proper timing. There is a good timing to do your timeshare market. You can’t push people to rent your property if it is off season. You may get through but your target customer is limited. However, you can still make a sale during off season if you have great creativity, plenty of advertising and good marketing ability. With a thorough research, you can be able to increase the interest of the people toward timeshare.
- Purchase price. To be able to purchase a timeshare property at a cheaper price, try purchasing it on an off-season. This is when the travel is off-peak and holiday spenders are a few. You might be able to profit more if you purchased your property on a cheaper price and if you have it well refurbish, you can have it rented in a good price.
- Condition of the timeshare. Make sure your property is ready by the time you have a renter. It would be a great turn-off when you market something that is not ready for potential renters. And it should have been taken good care of. So you have to have paid your maintenance fees to keep your property in a good condition. This can help you decide on a more competitive price for your timeshare.